NFC Fantasy Notes: 49ers, Bears, Seahawks, Lions
With half of the preseason over for every team in the NFC, let’s take a look at some fantasy-worthy notes:
- Jimmy Garoppolo completed 10-of-12 passes for 136 yards in the 49ers‘ second preseason contest. Three of the targets went to Marquise Goodwin, including a 40-yard bomb. Goodwin has the potential to be a WR2. He’s the 35th WR off the board in average drafts. He’s severely underrated on NFL.com where he’s being taken on average as the 43rd WR.
- If you’re playing on NFL.com, Pierre Garcon is a player to be cautious with. He’s going 28th among WR on NFL, but 35.0 overall across all sites.
- Mitch Trubisky is going to let a lot of Bears fans down this season, but he’s going to make a lot of Trey Burton fantasy owners happy. Burton was targeted on six of the QB’s 14 attempts against the Broncos on Saturday, catching four for 45 yards and a touchdown. He’s in the TE1 conversation.
- Nick Vannett received another end zone target for the Seahawks, a week after catching a TD pass. Russell Wilson & Company are going to have issues in the red zone this season, as they did on Saturday night. Vannett could be the guy to help them overcome their problem in that area.
- The Lions‘ first-team offensive line struggled against the Giants. Matthew Stafford went 2-for-5 with three of his passes going toward Marvin Jones Jr.
- Sam Bradford looked sharped against the Saints, as we relayed on Saturday in a piece that evaluated Arizona’s regular season win total. Relying on Bradford to get you through the season at QB isn’t wise, but if you’re looking for a low-cost DF option in week 1, he’s not a bad pick vs. Washington.