Russell Wilson impressed during his first action of the year, completing 4-of-5 passes for 43 yards and a touchdown. Three of those attempts went to new starting tight end Nick Vannett, who brought in two passes for 20 yards and a touchdown.
Vannett will certainly have a role in the passing game if he can stay healthy. He’s a good blocker who should remain on the field in most situations. He’s a TE2 candidate and one that is currently not being drafted in most leagues.
Here are more news and notes to help you dominate the fantasy football competition and win some money in the sportsbooks:
- Even after a week 1 loss, Pete Carroll remains among the best coaches in the preseason with an overall record of 22-11. He’s 7-2 over his last nine straight up.
- Seattle will take on the Chargers on Saturday night. Anthony Lynn only has one preseason win in five attempts for Los Angeles.
- Chris Carson looked good in week 1, rushing for 26 yards on four carries. With Rashaad Penny undergoing surgery to repair a broken finger (he should be back by the start of the regular season), Carson is set to play the “bell cow” role, according to NFL.com Ian Rapoport.
- Backup QB Alex McGough played a conservative game during the second half against the Colts last week, completing 10-of-13 passes for under 50 yards. The Chargers have much more depth than the Colts and they should give him more fits than Indy did.
- The Seahawks are counting on Quinton Jefferson to provide some pass rush and the 2016 fifth-round pick has received guidance from Cliff Avril, one of the players he’s replacing this year, as Bob Condotta of The Seattle Times chronicles.
Photo Courtesy of Chris Carson’s Instagram (@CCarson_32).